10 Best Hotels and Resorts in the Galapagos
The Galapagos Islands, located nearly 1000 kilometers off the coast of Ecuador, are blessed with amazing scenic beauty. A trip to the Galapagos can rejuvenate your body, mind and soul and reward you with an experience that can be a memory of a lifetime.
A Galapagos Islands tour can be an exciting adventure — both for the children and the adults. The best way to explore the Galapagos is through a cruise tour that will take you to the many different islands and show you the myriad species of birds and animals that are unique to the Galapagos.
The best way to truly live and enjoy every moment you spend here is by choosing a good resort or hotel. An exotic hotel in an exotic location is like a icing on the cake. Here is a our list of the ten most highly respected hotels in the Galapagos:
- Hotel San Vicente (Isla Isabela): This hotel is a few minutes’ walk from the beach and other attractions in the Galapagos. The rooms are big and the views are awesome. The friendly staff and down-home yet delicious food are things that set this hotel apart. The Hotel San Vicente stands out as one of the affordable yet wonderful hotels in the Galapagos. While the drinking water in the Galapagos is generally very salty due to the arid climate and high ground-water table, the staff at the San Vicente treats the water to make it sweet and highly drinkable.
- Finch Bay Eco Hotel (Isla Santa Cruz): Winner of the prestigious 2013 World Travel Award for South America’s Leading Green Hotel, Finch Bay Eco Hotel is renowned for its friendly service and an amazing views. Guests enjoy intriguing close-up and personal encounters with the fearless and friendly wildlife. The hotel is situated in a very secluded area, and hence, if you are fond of serenity this is the best place to be. Finch Bay Eco Hotel also maintains several boats to ferry guest to and from the island. Ocean view rooms with twin/double beds are $530 per room; Garden view rooms with twin/double beds are $370 per room. All prices include buffet breakfast and taxes.
- Hotel La Laguna (Isla Isabela): Excellent accommodations, facilities and food are some wonderful features of this hotel. The luxurious décor and highly polite, accommodating staff are other aspects of the hotel that you would love. Hotel La Laguna is located right next to the Flamingo lagoon. This is one of the best hotels in the Galapagos Islands and your vacation spent here will be an lifelong memory. Booking your stay here is sure to make all the time, effort and money spent on any Galapagos vacation worthwhile. A double (matrimonial) room is $100.80 per night and includes breakfast, taxes, jacuzzi access and internet.
- Iguana Crossing Boutique Hotel (Isla Isabela): Clean rooms, outstanding food available in a huge variety to satiate your palate, a wonderful pool, good room service, and the sound of the ripples of the ocean at night are the hallmarks of this hotel. Most rooms have a dazzling view of the beach beyond. Clean bathrooms featuring bathtubs and automated showers are some other notable features of Iguana Crossing.
- Red Mangrove Aventura Lodge (Isla Santa Cruz): The hotel offers good-sized and well maintained rooms. You can also witness sea lions and other wildlife near the periphery of the hotel. However, the food and room service often fail to impress the guests. Suites are $488 for two people; standard rooms run $262 for two people. Prices include breakfast buffet, free use of bikes, unlimited wireless internet access and a welcome drink.
- La Casa de Marita (Isla Isabela): This hotel is a mere a stone’s throw from the beach. The helpful staff and moderately sized rooms are other specialties of the hotel. The moderately priced food is good, and is served in a scrupulously clean dining room. A Mediterranean style suite with kitchenette, terrace and the hotel’s best views runs $244 per night and includes taxes.
- Hosteria Pimampiro (Isla San Cristobal): The food is lovely and so is the staff. The only problem here is that it is situated a bit too far away from the port, with a walking distance of about 10 minutes.
- Hotel Casa Blanca (Isla San Cristobal): Comfortable beds, friendly and accommodating staff, and plentiful food at affordable prices are the features that make this hotel a worthy choice. A double room is $70 per night; the hotel’s best suite runs $100 per night for two guests.
- Hotel Solymar (Isla Santa Cruz): Remodeled in September 2013, a lovely view of the ocean and amazing wildlife a mere five minutes from the hotel are just a few of the features any traveler would really appreciate while staying here. Rates for 2013 start at $252 per night, single occupancy; $270 per night, double occupancy.
- Hotel Silberstein (Isla Santa Cruz): The fresh rooms, large pool and open grounds are some exclusive amenities of this hotel. The rooms are extremely clean and well kept, and are a relaxing place to rest your tired body after a busy day out exploring the islands.
It is very important to decide wisely when it comes to choosing hotels in the Galapagos Islands. You will obviously want the maximum benefit out of your trip, and choosing a good hotel can ensure that you get a great return on your vacation investment. So, take your pick from the hotels listed above and get ready to explore a whole new beautiful and unknown world with a trip to Galapagos Islands.